- European Green Deal
- Sustainable Europe 2030
- Stakeholder-Policy Cooperation
- Strategic Governance for SD
- Vertical integration: 2030 Agenda
- Implementation of the 2030 Agenda
- Renewed Policy Framework for SD
- National SD Strategies in Europe
- Rio+20: Implications for SD Policy
- European Resource Policies in SD
- Towards an Economy compatible with SD
- EU Sustainable Development Strategy
- Coordinating SCP & CSR policies with SDS
- Linking Policy and Civil Society Action
- SD goes Mozart
- EU Sustainable Development
- SD in an enlarged Union
- NSSD: Facts, Faces and Future Challenges
ESDN Conference 2011
“Framing and Focussing: European Resource Policies in the Context of Sustainable Development”
Szentendre 27 - 29 June 2011
The ESDN Conference 2011 took place in Szentendre (near Budapest) in Hungary on 27-29 June 2011. The conference was organized by the ESDN in cooperation with the Hungarian EU Presidency.
The conferencehad two main objectives:
- to broaden the discussion on resource policies in Europe, advocating a more comprehensive approach from a sustainable development perspective (e.g. addressing the link between resource efficiency and the rebound effect, tackling cross-sectoral pressures and challenges resulting from resource availability and accessibility and exploitation/utilization patterns, inter-relationship between resources, governance challenges), and
- to develop recommendations for the EU and Member States on integrated resource policies in the context of sustainable development, particularly with regard to the Europe 2020 flagship initiative, “A resource-efficient Europe” (COM(2011) 21), and the Road Map that will be developed to implement this flagship initiative.
Session 1: Resource policies in Europe – framing of key issues in the context of sustainable development
Resources as subject of economic, social and ecological systems – challenges for an integrated resource approach in Europe
Perspectives and challenges to move forward in resource policy in Europe
Resources as subject of policies in Europe – key issues in the context of sustainable development and the question of consistency
Policy instruments for resource policy: The resource policy approach of the Green Growth Strategy
The policy approach of the Europe 2020 Strategy: Flagship initiative “A resource-efficient Europe”
Session 2: Working groups – different dimensions of resource policies in Europe
Working group discussions: Recommendations for resource policies in Europe
WG 1 "Innovation dimension"
WG 2 "Security of supply/resource security"
WG 3 "Ecological and social rucksacks and rebounds"
WG 4 "Resource policies and governance challenges"
Sustainable consumption in Europe - update on two FP7 research projects (RESPONDER and CORPUS) & their link to ESDN
Panel discussion: How are key stakeholders driving the agenda on resource policies and management in Europe?
Luisa Prista: Head of Unit Environmental Technologies, DG Research & Innovation
Salla Ahonen: Director Environmental Policy, Nokia5
Jeremy Wates: Secretary General, European Environmental Bureau (EEB)
Iván Gyulai: Director, Ecological Institute for Sustainable Development, Hungary
Session 3: Developing recommendations for the EU and Member States level