- European Recovery and Resilience Mechanisms
- European Green Deal
- Sustainable Europe 2030
- Stakeholder-Policy Cooperation
- Strategic Governance for SD
- Vertical integration: 2030 Agenda
- Implementation of the 2030 Agenda
- Renewed Policy Framework for SD
- National SD Strategies in Europe
- Rio+20: Implications for SD Policy
- European Resource Policies in SD
- Towards an Economy compatible with SD
- EU Sustainable Development Strategy
- Coordinating SCP & CSR policies with SDS
- Linking Policy and Civil Society Action
- SD goes Mozart
- EU Sustainable Development
- SD in an enlarged Union
- NSSD: Facts, Faces and Future Challenges
“Stakeholder-Policy Cooperation in the Age of the SDGs: What new approaches are required to be successful?”
The ESDN Conference 2018 took place on 1-2 October 2018 in Vienna, Austria, at the Austria Center Vienna. It was organized by the ESDN in cooperation with the Austrian Federal Ministry of Sustainability and Tourism as an official event of the incoming Austrian EU Presidency. The Conference brought ring together policymakers and experts from different stakeholder groups from all over Europe.
The topic of the ESDN Conference 2018 was: “Stakeholder-Policy Cooperation in the Age of the SDGs: What new approaches are required to be successful?” The SDGs are broad and complex, which necessitates the cooperation with, and knowledge from, all stakeholders. Given the broad and complex nature of the SDGs, have they changed the way in which the policy world and stakeholder world collaborate? If so, then what is now required to develop successful stakeholder-policy cooperation regarding the implementation of the SDGs?
This Conference looked into new ways, approaches, and examples of how the policy world and stakeholder world collaborate by looking at the practical implementation of diverse stakeholder-policymaker collaboration methods, activities, etc. Cutting-edge examples were presented from many European countries, in which speakers shared the new ways and approaches they are employing stakeholder-policy cooperation methods.
Session 1: Stakeholder-Policy Cooperation – What has changed with the SDGs?
Session 2: Stakeholder-Policy Cooperation on SDG Implementation in the European Union
Session 3: Stakeholder-Policy Cooperation for the SDGs – Perspectives of Governance
Session 4: Stakeholder-Policy Cooperation for the SDGs – Effectively Tapping into Stakeholder Energy
Session 5: ConverStations - Stakeholder activities and initiatives for the SDG implementation
Session 6: Developing the Ingredients for Successful Stakeholder-Policy Cooperation in SDG Implementation