A look at the history of the ESDN reveals that ESDN Peer Learning Platforms have played a prominent role in facilitating policy learning between European policymakers dealing with sustainable development. This section of the website provides a one-stop-shop documentation of all ESDN Peer Learning Platforms so far. Please click on one of the Platforms for more details:
The 2nd ESDN Peer Learning Platform brought together policymakers who have already completed their Voluntary Nation Reviews (VNRs) for the High Level Political Forum (HLPF) 2016 to share, in greater depth, their experiences, in order to facilitate a sharing of experiences and learning with policymakers from those countries currently preparing their own VNRs for the HLPF 2017 and all future HLPFs.
The Platform included an opening and orientating session, followed by three main ‘Spaces for Exchange’:
- Space for Exchange 1: Experiences from the Voluntary National Reviews (VNRs) of the High Level Political Forum (HLPF) 2016
- Space for Exchange 2: Preparation of the VNRs for the HLPF 2017
- Spaces for Exchange 3 + 4: Main challenges in the VNR 2017 preparation – exchange and learning
The Peer Learning Visit allowed policymakers to experience how horizontal integration, with respect to the 2030 Agenda and the SDGs, work in Finland. The Visit focused on inter-ministerial cooperation, as well as stakeholder engagement in Finland.
The Visit included an introductory part and two panel sessions:
- Institutionalizing Sustainable Development in Finland: Horizontal integration and policy mainstreaming for the 2030 Agenda implementation
- Involving stakeholders and experts in the Finnish Sustainable Development Model: Practical examples and experiences