A look at the history of the ESDN reveals that ESDN Peer Learning Platforms have played a prominent role in facilitating policy learning between European policymakers dealing with sustainable development. This section of the website provides a one-stop-shop documentation of all ESDN Peer Learning Platforms so far. Please click on one of the Platforms for more details:
The 1st ESDN Peer Learning Platform offered policymakers from all European countries, experts and selected stakeholders the chance to exchange experiences and learn from implementation practice. The Platform had the following objectives:
- To provide the opportunity to exchange and discuss the needs of national policy-making with regards to the implementation of the 2030 Agenda for SD, and to share experiences and perspectives on how to design policies and processes, and how to link them to national sustainable development strategies;
- Test the ESDN peer learning approach for future fine-tuning of this new mechanism for peer learning.
The Platform included an opening and orientating session, followed by four main ‘Spaces for Exchange:
- Space for Exchange 1: Experiences and lessons learned from the 2016 HLPF Voluntary National Reviews;
- Space for Exchange 2: Policy coherence – Overcoming ‘silo’ thinking;
- Space for Exchange 3: Cooperation between the different policy levels;
- Space for Exchange 4: How to bring these ideas back home.